Whether you are seeking legal remedies or your business is being sued, you need an experienced trial lawyer who understands business. The Law Offices of James G. Schwartz provides sound legal counsel and effective plaintiff or defense representation.
Our goal is to resolve disputes as effectively and efficiently as possible. We regularly engage in alternative dispute resolution such as mediation or arbitration. But our attorneys are prepared to prosecute or defend your interests in state or federal court when alternative avenues of dispute resolution do not get results.Pleasanton Business Lawsuit Defense Attorneys
Our law firm represents small and mid-sized companies in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, the Bay Area and Northern California in all business disputes and related litigation:
- Breach of contract (suppliers, clients, business partners)
- Aborted business transactions
- Fraud or unfair business practices
- Franchise and licensing disputes
- Commercial collections
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Business dissolution
- Employment law litigation, restrictive covenants with ex-employees, employment discrimination suits
- Copyright or trademark infringement
- Commercial real estate litigation and construction litigation
Practicing since 1976, attorney Jim Schwartz has handled complex business, commercial and civil litigation. If you are bringing the action, he will pursue monetary damages or other remedies for the tangible loss, including harm to the goodwill or competitive advantage of your company. If you are defending against a lawsuit, he will aggressively counter the claims and maneuver to limit your potential exposure.
In either scenario, we consider our clients to be partners in litigation and we emphasize close communication with you in pursuing a favorable and cost-effective outcome. Contact a California business litigation attorney to discuss your dispute and your legal options.